It's easy to underestimate the power of diet when it comes to your health. This recipe has plenty to offer - particularly for eye health, thanks to beta-carotene in pumpkin, which is converted into vitamin A in the body.
Serves 2, 190 calories per serving
- 500g pumpkin
- 1 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Scoop out the seeds and fibres of the pumpkin, measure out 500g of the flesh and cut into 2.5cm pieces. Spread the pieces on the baking tray and roast for 20 - 30 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the tray from the oven and scatter the chilli and onion over the pieces of pumpkin. Roast for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the stock into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, then turn the heat to low. Stir in the coconut milk and warm for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the pumpkin, onions and chilli in a blender and add the coconut milk/stock. Blitz until smooth, then season to taste. Serve hot.